SAMK Library has purchased several international online search services and collections of e-books and e-journals for students and staff.
On this page you'll find links to these services and also free high quality online resources.
Nursing and physiotherapy
- JBI Connect (The Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database) Evidence summaries, systematic review protocols, recommended practices, systematic reviews, best practice information sheets and consumer information sheets.
- Campbell Systematic Reviews
- Cochrane Library
Go to "Terveysportti" and click on "Cochrane"
- EBSCO DynaMed Plus
Go to "Terveysportti" and click on "DynaMed"
- Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines EBMG
- ICF Browser
- Visible Body – Human Anatomy Atlas
- Physioplus (on SAMK Moodle)
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- National Institute for Health and Welfare
- PEDro Physiotherapy Evidence Database
- Zygote Body
- Physioplus can be used on SAMK Moodle courses.
- Ebook Central
- Ellibs Library [instructions]
- Julkari – open publications archive common for the administrative branch of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- The Merck Manuals
- DOAB Directory of Open Access Books
- Google Books
Journals, articles and newspapers
- Use the international e-materials search to quickly find scholarly journal articles.
- EBSCOhost CINAHL Complete
- SAGE Premier
- OVID (Medline, JBI, Journals@Ovid)
- EBSCOhost databases and journals
- MedlinePlus – Trusted health information for you
- Emerald Insight
- Google Scholar
Theses and reference management
- Theseus.fi – the theses and publications of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Finland
- BASE – Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations OATD
- Finna.fi – Finnish university libraries. Tip: After your search, narrow the search results by content type thesis.
- Melinda – The National Metadata Repository of Finland
Dictionaries and thesauri
Legislation, standards and statistics
Library Moodle and INFOtelakka – Book a librarian
Learn information retrieaval skills and citing on Library Moodle. SAMK students log in with the SAMK ID.
INFOtelakka, the library's "book a librarian" service is for SAMK students who need for example information for their theses. INFOtelakka offers personal assistance for students through appointments. Read more.
SAMK students and staff can access databases, electronic journals and e-books outside the SAMK network. The databases and other resources have been collected on this website. Some of the resources are freely accessible. The access to most databases (licensed by SAMK) is being locked until you have logged in with your SAMK ID.
For off-campus access login by clicking on the database link on Finna website. Log in with SAMK username and password, if needed.
= for SAMK students and staff only